Con Durham R.I.P.

Con Durham R.I.P.

Uilleann piper Con Durham has passed away. Con was a great bloke and a great piper. We miss him. First met Con in An Bric, Ballyferriter in 1996 and heard him play last year at a session in the Marina, Dingle.

Re: Con Durham R.I.P.

I’m sorry to hear of his passing. He was a generous musician who led the session at the Marina. He was interested in all sorts of music and once told me that he had at least 10,000 tunes in his head.

Mike Keyes

Sad news, he was young enough

So sorry to hear the news. I had the privilege of watching one of his sessions in Dingle earlier this spring. He was looking haggard, but his playing was first-rate. Everyone in the music scene in town agreed he was a musician’s musician.

Very sorry to hear that. I played tunes with him at the Marina about 8 years ago. A very genuine and generous spirited man.

I am deeply saddened to just hear of Con passing away.I had many a pint and shared many a tune with him in the Marina, some of my fondest memories were of having pints after hours there and talking about music and life and everything under the sun. It is often said but for sure there wont be another like him, a true talent and gentleman. He had a gift for making people feel welcome at sessions and had a vast selection of tunes. Irish trad music has lost a real gem. Rest in peace Con thanks for being such a great infulence on the way I play, think about and share music, maith an fear
Alan