A Pair of Harpists

Re: A Pair of Harpists

No never came across them before. The playing is fine but they look a bit ridiculous with the harps attached to themselves - that’s just me, I’m probably too conservative and think that people should be sitting down when they play the harp πŸ™‚ Reminds of Brian O’Brien who used to play the pipes with In Tua Nua in the 80s: he used to walk around the stage playing the pipes & looked a bit silly doing it

Posted by .

What’s precious (besides the writhing) is that they are "playing" electric harps. There being no outlets in the nearby trees, the harps aren’t plugged in, but their fingers are playing the same notes as the audio track. They’re trained as pedal harpists, and it shows in their stiff playing on the smaller harps.

I do like that they play a lot of music not usually associated with the harp — rock, pop, metal, hip-hop, country, etc. They are technically proficient, good arrangers, and total babes.

Strap-on harps go back at least as far as the 15th century. These depictions don’t actually show how it was done, and of course I can’t locate the woodcut I’m thinking of that does (rats!).
http://www.harpspectrum.org/pictures/wood_1.shtml
http://www.harpspectrum.org/pictures/wood_3.shtml
http://www.staff.hum.ku.dk/hp/apercu/apercu5.gif

That’s more like it. I bet he doesn’t do that flappy arm movement thing that these girls do - which always looks like some classical affectation to me.

Blonde twins with strap-ons. How did you stumble on this little gem?

Posted by .

I’m not sure I would call it a gem. For a video that features a pair of blonde twins writhing around with strap-ons I found it surprisingly difficult to masturbate too.

Try Sileas ‘Delighted with harps’ to this for a bit of really magical harp music. The harpists on that LP are in The Poozies now I think . As for these two ,whats with the elf costumes, and swooshing their arms about and cheesy fake smiles. Am sure they are lovely people but its OTT.

Deborah is actually a highly respected and talented musician whom I’ve seen in concert a couple of times.

I found her "American patter"(Sorry to all of you US members out there) a bit irritating.

Lovely playing - It looks like an audition for the next tour of Riverdance or a potential naughty adult movie with a "Lord of the Rings" theme. Or perhaps an old Double-Mint gum commercial aimed at the Ren-Faire crowd? Either way, lovely playing.

My word! I so much preferred Deborah Hanson-Conant’s playing! Great singing too. Thanks Jack. A good antidote. πŸ™‚

Who names their kid Kennerly?

Hi Peter wsll

Sileas were Mary McMaster(?) and Patsy Seddon if I remember correctly, and indeed they did go on to be part of The Poozies.

I got to play with Mary a number of times, one of the most memorable being at Edinburgh Folk Festival in 1983 when we spent a whole week playing with Julia Clifford in a canteen away from the main session!

All the best

Brian x

I found this video on some SF movie site, laughed when I saw it, and thought I would drop the rock in the pond here and watch the ripples.
I also found their performance style somewhat over the top, with all the swaying about, and smiling and such. Kind of a Celtic Women approach to things.
Thanks for bringing up Sileas and the Poozies. I think I am going to pull some of their old records out and listen to them again. So my stirring this pot had a positive result!

A positive result? Am I on the wrong site? πŸ™‚

While we’re on the subject, might as well go all the way. They’re not identical triplets—but they are sisters, and they are blondes….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5eY90WJZ50

Oh dear! πŸ˜‰

Riverdance has a lot to answer for

Posted by .

Two harpists and a rabbi walk into a pub…. The bodrhan player says…..

No I won’t start one of those

Actually i think the joke is two harpists and Santa Claus come into a pub and the Bodhran player being lost needs direction. One harpist is out of tune and other in tune.

But I keep wanting to degenerate into a bodhran joke at this point.

I play the box and have trouble keeping the jokes about us straight…..

I guess I was not the only one who thought the lasses in Al’s OP looked like they were having sex with the harps.

Bodhran joke? Already done—see my post, above.

I’m not picking on the girls. I blame the parents.

I think the poor girls are just victims of circumstances.

I blame society.