Instrument Theft - The Unltimate Deterrent!

Instrument Theft - The Unltimate Deterrent!

My ceilidh band played for a family gathering at the weekend. We weren’t playing for the entire evening, so there was plenty of time to catch up will all the news from the various relatives.

The following anecdote was told by my cousin, which concerned a lady that he knew:

She had obtained a job house-sitting in London whilst the owner was away abroad, and the job included looking after the owner’s pet dog - a labrador.

Whilst the owner was away, the dog died. She telephoned the vet, who told her that if she brought it along to his surgery, he would dispose of it in the usual way.

She didn’t have a car, so the trip to the vet involved a journey on the London Underground. So she put the dog into a holdall, and set off to the station.

When she got there, the escalator wasn’t working, so she had to use the stairs. A man, seemingly taking pity on her, offered to carry the holdall for her.

She accepted his offer, but on picking it up it he expressed surprise at the weight of of it, and asked what it contained.

Not wishing to say that it contained a dead dog, she told him it that it was a musical instrument.

On hearing that information, the man ran off with the bag! … 🙂

Re: Instrument Theft - The Unltimate Deterrent!

that story reminds me of a garbage workers strike in New York City some years ago. The trash was piling up and one enterprising fellow thought of a good way to get rid of it; he put his garbage in box, wrapped it in gift wrap with ribbons and bows, and left it in his car with the windows open.

@ John - Oh well, it was a good story, anyway … 🙂

.. and maybe it was a different dog …

Yeah, it probably happens all the time….to teenagers….

Greg, I tried that once with my banjo. But when I came out the next morning my car was cluttered up with two more banjos and a piano accordian!

They’d started breeding !

>They’d started breeding !
–Wot, dead dogs? …..

play bodhoran, the only time you will get it nicked is when the razors come out.