I wonder what he’s doing there

I wonder what he’s doing there

Sean Moloney is one of my favorite flute players. I had the honor of sharing some tunes with him at Cook’s thatched pub in Galway on several occasions, and I always found his playing very enjoyable.
I wonder if any of the amazing talents present will be so kind to help me figure out what kind of ornamentation is Sean playing on the low D in this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=—JoLwYzN18

I tried for a while to figure it out myself, but I guess it is just beyond my technical understanding of playing. All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks a bunch.

Re: I wonder what he’s doing there

Thanks for this lovely post, those are Great tunes, I did not quite get the names, and are the abc’s one here. I learn by ear but I’d like something for Reference.
Yours, - jim,,,

It looks to me like he’s cutting the D with the A finger. I think occasionally he may be cutting twice, with A and B, and there’s once where he double-cuts with A.
Tune titles are at the top of the screen, Jim - "Private Ass And Cart" - [ I prefer "Callaghan’s ] - and "The Ewe".

Posted by .

Thank-You Kenny,
I just recorded the tune’s off you-tube there, Now I can put on the Titles.. Thanks again my Friend.
jim,,,

It’s a C and an A.

Posted by .

beautiful music. Beannacht De ar a laimh

Séan Moloney on flute

Go raibh ma’agat / Thanks, I needed that… 🙂

@Gam - Thanks, will give it a try. 🙂