Anybody here using Garageband?

Anybody here using Garageband?

Does anybody on the board use “ Garageband“, the Mac program?

Re: Anybody here using Garageband?

I’m learning the program. It’s big in school music programs.

that didn’t come out right. Garageband is used a lot in school music classrooms here. I’ve never used it but am tinkering with it now. You can make good quality audio recordings with it, right on my school laptop, and that can be very useful with kids.

so easy to make substandard music these days

Posted .

Yep. Great program. I prefer Reaper for real DAW work.

Yeh

I was on a plane flying to DC last week. Guy next to me composing something. We were talking. He coul not read music or play any instrument, but was ‘composing’ rap

The future of mainline music?

The syntax slip earlier may not be too far from being correct!

I’ve had a dabble on the iPad / iPod version, and it’s very clever. You can even write fairly free-rhythm stuff on it (you don’t have to stick to the beat) but it’s limited by the instrument you have.

The thing I love though is the sampling part of it. It’s just great fun! So I wouldn’t use it for serious music (can’t speak for the Mac version - maybe there’s more stuff on that) but it is fun to play with.

+1 on “Reaper” although since I got Windows 7 x64 I’ve found it’s been a bit less than reliable. Shame as it’s a fab program.

*instruments ^^

Great program!
Quite good for fixing old recordings,
For example I use it to overdub djembe on old Bothy Band tracks.

When playing along with ITM tracks, there’s nothing like a good Djembe!!

I use it to record and overlay tracks with my webcam as a microphone. As a player (not an engineer/ techie, nor interested in being one), it’s easy to use. I find it helpful to turn off the metronome (a distracting click) and the “snap to grid” features. That said, the sound quality is pretty swell, and there are some nice effects that can alter the voice(s).

Posted by .

I use it to record myself playing, which I do now and then if I think I’m starting to sound good. A quick Garageband recording is a dose of reality.