Help I.D. these slides?

Re: Help I.D. these slides?

The first one’s Old Joe’s. I wouldn’t say it was a slide. I use it as a straight jig.

Posted by .

The reason I’ve only got the first one is that I couldn’t listen to any more after that … :-/

Posted by .

“It’s Chrismas in Killarney with all of the folks at home”

:-D ~ Cape Breton! & The Barra MacNeils! - single jigs blended into the song from that realm. There is Bras d’Or, but that just doesn’t seem enough in my head for making any comparison with Killarney… :-P :-D Poor Ben!

Bing’s version was better - or cheesier.

Dear old Bing. I’ve got an Irish take on it somewhere here. Who was that group? Hey, it’s not on site yet! Maybe for this Christmas? :-D

I think the key is that if it’s going to be cheese, you might as well go all out and make it something like "Limburger" or "Stinking Bishop", or you could really go nuts and do a Pogue-ish take on it…

When it comes to Christmas music I try to adhere to a strict "Alvin and the Chipmunks or GTFO" policy. :-P

Sing jigs, eh? Once again I learn that the more I learn the more I have to learn. Mustard Power!

If we can put names to the second and third tunes maybe I’ll go with "The Limburger" and "The Stinking Bishop". Perhaps "The Christmas Cheese" or "The Fruit Cake on the Hob"?

*can’t put names

Bah!
Humbug!
Bollox to the ex-Christian festival which is now an orgy of consumerism and greed.
Let’s never mention it again on this forum.

Yhaal under the bridge! I though I warned you all to walk softly. Quick, before he eats someone… And I originally mistook that little stream for being plagued similarly to the Liffy, no oxygen… Actually, in a manner of speaking, it still could be from a lack of oxygen… :-D

Elf, the tunes are familiar, I may be able to drag out titles for you - later… Right now I’m a busy baker.

No luck pulling out a title for either while I bake. The final one is more like a quickstep… Both are ‘very’ familiar.

‘bake’! ~ just pulled out of the oven ‘oatmeal rhubarb biscuits/cookies’…

Brilliant! Rhubarb and oat biscuits! Currently I’m knocking up some poached haddock with leek bubble and squeak with probably a side of Nog Shim seafood noodles (straight out of the pkt from Korea!).

Cooks and musicians is such a common vibe!

Mmmmmmmm!!! :-)

Only food has the power to really derail a music discussion!

It reminds me of when we first got a radio in 1950/51 . Bing Crosby singing Christmas in Killarney was a big hit with us that Christmas. We were thrilled to hear a song about Ireland on the radio. We were simple folk in those days………………then we got sophisticated.!!!

Rhubarb is SO underutilized…

:-D Duh!

Thanks Vonnie, you’re a sweetheart! I’ve been unpleasantly distracted of late, the suffering of others which I naturally fret over more than my own concerns… ;-)

I’ll have to add this transcription for my neglect…

We are a rhubarb loving house. And, my wife is mad about single jigs and slides…

Sorry to hear of the goings on, Ceol…Music heals all, though.

Two out of three!

I guess I need to look into what distinguishes a single jig from a slide. Don’t think I’ve even heard of a quick step. So much to learn…