Missing flutes

Missing flutes

Just to alert everyone to look out. Here are the details:

Two wooden flutes (each with a wooden case) belonging to Elma McElligott (flute player with The London Lasses) were stolen from her car just off the Hornsey High Street (London N8) this afternoon (Tues 20th Nov 2012) – one is a ‘D’ flute made by ‘Wylde’ (student of Rudal & Rose), there’s a very thin crack on the second piece of the flute and the low C key is missing on the bottom piece, please see pic below. And the other is a relatively new keyless C flute made by Eamon Cotter.

Please, please, please can you share this information and help spread the word in any way you can to help locate the flutes if someone attempts to sell them on. Any information gratefully received at email: k.ryan@virgin.net or phone: 07906155188

THANKS ALL

Re: Missing flutes

I can only say that this reinforces my belief that you should never leave instruments unattended in a car, under any circumstances.
Let’s hope for some good news.

Sad news. A picture is mentioned, is there a link to this? Unfortunately anything left within view inside a car will tempt the desperate and criminal…

As GP has said, hoping for the best. Online pictures will help, as well for reference by any pawn shop or the police.

Posted on Chiff & Fipple…. Good luck finding the flutes.

@ceolachan - good point.

I don’t know if these were take from a visible place or not, but anything that looks worth taking could result in your car being broken into. It doesn’t matter if it’s an empty box or bag, because by the time they find that out, the damage has already been done.

If you have the sort of instrument insurance that covers theft from an unattended vehicle, it will always be with the proviso that the instrument was not visible.

Let’s hope this was insured and hidden!

Ugh. I’ve shared this around on Facebook.

I hope they turn up, as they sometimes do.

So let’s all say it together: do not leave instruments in the car!

Have just received this information as part of a large mailing list, the story is spreading. Fingers and toes crossed you get your flutes back and undamaged…

Just read on their FB page (London Lasses) that both flutes have been returned! Yay!

Apparently, the flutes were found discarded in a public garden.