Tin Whistle "fingerhole notation" software?

Tin Whistle "fingerhole notation" software?

I’m doing a tin whistle course for beginners at my school and I really don’t want to force people to learn standard notation, they’re supposed to pick up the tunes by ear. However, it would be good to be able to give them new tunes after they’ve learned them on sheet music as "fingerhole diagrams", you know what I mean? Like in the first tin-whistle tutorials you get. Is there a software that can convert ABC into these "fingerhole diagrams"? That would be a great help.

Thanks, Jens

Re: Tin Whistle "fingerhole notation" software?

Hi Jens. Check out this past discussion on the matter: https://thesession.org/discussions/30301
Seems that the diagrams are available as a font and therefore could be inserted with any graphics software or wordprocessor. Google-whacking on the term "tin whistle tabs" or "tabulature" also may prove fruitful.

cheers
Rob

That abc converter is COOL! Thanks for the link!

TablEdit can also do Whistle tablature.

Thanks for the link to abc-converter, this was exactly what I was looking for. What a handy little online-tool! I tried using Tabledit but when I chose "whistle-tabs" all I got was numbers from 0 to 16 or so…..not that useful…