Tenor Banjo for sale

Tenor Banjo for sale

I have a 1922-23 Bacon & Day Silver Bell no.1 banjo in excellent condition. I’d like $1200

When I was changing the original goatskin head on it last summer to synthetic, the bottom fret popped out, and the inlay split off perfectly even, so I was able to set it back into place. But, I can’t find the fret! It’s probably somewhere in the bottom of my junk drawer, which is like the needle in the haystack situation. It’s not a hard or costly fix, and I never need or use the 17th fret. At any rate, it has a nice Fishman Rare Earth pickup in it, and I used it for several months to gig out and it worked brilliantly. Comes with the original case. Hit me up and I’ll send pics- it’s a beautiful, solid banjo with a lovely tone.

Re: Tenor Banjo for sale

I think you , or the person buying your banjo will want to do something about that missing fret ASAP. All kinds of gunk, sweat, oil from your hands, and moisture, can get in there making it more difficult to replace the fret and possibly causing other problems. I also would worry about why the fret popped out in the first place. I think a quick trip to a good repair person is in order.

Posted by .

Re: Tenor Banjo for sale

Nevin,
Good word. I’m planning on it. A few of my close friends build and repair acoustic guitars in my town. Funny, not a trad player in over 100 miles, but someone to work on my "weird" instruments.