The Saykrits of Oirish Myoosic Revealed, Like.

Re: The Saykrits of Oirish Myoosic Revealed, Like.

So that’s how they do it.

What’s with the reverb on that whistle? I’ve never heard one that had that sound, except on the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

GIMME FIVE.

Oh wait. Six? Or is it eight? No, five.

Go up go down go up go down go up go down. And repeat.

He does jazz too!!!!

Re: The Sanskrit O’ Oirish Mozzies Repealed…

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! 😲

The bamboo kind of threw me off there for a moment. I thought it was going to be a Chinese LOTR adventure. Or Darby O’Gill Visits the Pandas.

My whistle doesn’t have that reverb thingie going. Is there a tweak for that? I have lots of sticky-tack and sandpaper, so I’m ready to try anything.

I was taught that if I can’t say anything nice, I shouldn’t say anything at all. That completes my comments.

Michele, you just have to put some cheddar into the windway, so that the whistle sounds cheesier.
I’m not a big fan of those reverb tweaks though, admittedly.

Re: Shgrits wif Oirish Sheddar ‘ng’ Uiness, Like.

stairwells and large bus and train station loos with porcelain tiles, oh, and not forgetting limestone caverns… 😀 Or a tweaked sound system like Darby O’Gill is using…

Megapop, that worked great. I used a sharp cheddar so that you could hear it in a noisy session.

Al, you are right. I have been reading way too much of the Snark Squad blog lately. 🙁

“Do a roll on that note… You know… Just roll your finger up a bit to half cover the hole” 😛

Re: The Standskirt of Corlish Myoscenic Reverence

Bless ’im! 😀

“Check out his web site. You can’t make this stuff up. “

I hope not:

“We now support a children’s home with 24 kids, plus another 32 children with severe needs, we are helping to move food to 557 “Feeding Centers” all throughout Nicaragua, have invested in micro businesses to break the cycle of poverty and in 2012 started a farm”

I’ve certainly more respect for the guy than those who would rather try and ridicule others, if this is what he does.

Erik does seem a bit, er, unusual, but I think the world could use more like him, albeit with a bit less reverb. I just ordered one of his whistles, the “concert D whistle.” I’ll let you know what I think when I get it.

I don’t think anyone is ridiculing Erik for his work with destitute children, children who were so “thrown away” by society that they were living in a garbage dump.

He also knows he’s being ridiculous, but he got our attention, didn’t he? I watched the entire “Spiel” video – I think it ran about 10 minutes – and giggled and groaned the whole time. Erik is clearly following the advice of St. Phillip Neri (patron of laughter, humor, joy, and the US Special Forces): A joyful heart is more easily made perfect than a downcast one.

I’m afraid the clip rather took away my will to live.

To give credit where it’s due, though, the whistles themselves seemed all right.

When my heart is made perfect, you will all know it: I will become unbearable🙂 🙂.

Re: Saykrits

He’s a ‘character’, my blessings on all such interesting and unique individuals. My suspicion is that he’s well able to laugh at himself, an ability we would all benefit from developing further.

Call that a beard?!

And to think he dug all those whistles up in a wooded glade where they were planted many years ago by the whistle blowers, how fairy like is that.