Hoping to find sessions this Summer

Hoping to find sessions this Summer

Hello fellow sessionites,

I’ll be in Ireland for the first time this Summer, visiting a good friend in Cavan, and doing a bit of travelling around, pretty much the entire month of July, though the latter half I’m still looking to travel elsewhere to visit other folks, and workshops.

I’m especially looking to fill time between the 7th-12th of July. I may also be in England near the end of July.

So, if any of you fine folks can give me some ideas of good musical locations to visit, it’d be quite appreciated! Hopefully, I might run into some of ye from this mustard board… Just go easy on me, I’m mainly a guitar player (though, I do toot some flute as well, and I’m more than happy to not play on everything 😉 ), and from Texas no less.

Cheers all,
-J

Re: Hoping to find sessions this Summer

SWEET MOTHER OF ABE LINCOLN, WILLIE CLANCY WEEK.

Thanks for letting me know about that, Kenny. I’ll definitely check into it, though I’m not sure if I’ll have the extra funds to do so, or if I’d want to stay for the whole thing, per se.

hi try muldoons bar belfast fri nights

If you manage to get to England, as well as the sessions listed here, every weekend somewhere in the country at the times you said, there’ll be a folk festival, or maybe two, with opportunities for making music as well as listening to it.
Some festivals get booked up of course.

I asked the same question a month and got some wonderful advice. So far I’ve been staying in the west side of Co Clare and found sessions nightly from Ennis to Lisdoonvarna. Nothing but quality players and warm welcomes. Just ask around and you’ll find plenty to do.