Stolen accordion

Stolen accordion

Stolen in Montreal yesterday (18 March 2013), blue Irishdancemaster accordion in C#/D belonging to a friend.

In black hard case (flight-case style with aluminium trim). Has Velcro strips for a bar microphone fitted on the treble grille.

Please contact me by email if you have any info. Thanks in advance!

http://rogermillington.com/steam/bluedancemaster.jpg

Re: Stolen accordion

Will keep my eyes open at the sessions in town but my guess is that whoever stole it isn’t a musician and if they are they wouldn’t be stupid enough to show up with a stolen instrument. Pay a visit to Jack’s music shop next to Steve’s music and let him know about it and leave your number. Also watch craigslist, ebay and kijiji.

Posted by .

And if and when the thief fences it, they will only get a tiny fraction of its value.
They cause so much pain for so little gain.

Thank you for the tip, malik. And Al, you are so right. In fact it’s not a very valuable or particularly sought-after instrument, but it’s one that has been played a great deal by, and is very dear to, its owner.

Steve, I’m really sorry to hear about the theft. I sold my C#/D Dancemaster last week. Like you say, not in high demand, but charming enough for those that know them well. Bill