Who needs reel [sic] instruments anymore when you can play these?

Re: Who needs reel [sic] instruments anymore when you can play these?

Long ago I set up CART - the campaign for real things - but remain the only member. Our (the royal plural) self-expression is in the personal irregularities created by our own fine-strung nerves and pulsing hearts. Stuff someone else’s idea of "perfection"!

if the Cyber whistle meant that I could practice with headphones while my three year old napped (about the only time I get peace and quiet around here) I’d be all for it.

wow lol a cyber whistle??

Cyber instruments like these could pay dividends for those having difficulty finding a venue to accomodate their session. Imagine 10 musicians, all sat round a pub table with their cyber-fiddles, -whistles, - pipes, -concertinas, all plugged into a mixer, each having the mix fed back to them through headphones. A bit of digital sound modelling could be used to recreate the acoustics of a pub - and a couple of ambient mics to add a bit of hubbub (at the desired volume) into the mix. If the publican or punters happen not to be partial to traditional music, then it makes no imposition on their soundspace. Meanwhile, those of a curious dispostion could watch with interest and/or ridicule; in fact, the spectacle of the twitching, drooling, grinning and grimacing bunch of androids would surely draw in the punters in their hundreds.

For those genuinely interested in the music, there could be a couple of spare headsets available. If there was enough interest, you could even take a line out from the mixer and plug it into the pub’s stereo system for all to hear.

xD

Posted by .

Suitable for any ethnic affair!!

"Leave your other accordions at home – just leave it to the FR-18 and any of the portable AC or battery-powered Roland amplifiers to provide all the music you will ever need to entertain yourself as well as your audience at the next Alpine, Tex-Mex, Cajun, Zydeco, Irish, Balkan, Slovenian or other ethnic affair."

It even has an ethnic button! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOia6xlNljc