Humours of Flinn / Tim O’Leary’s waltz

Humours of Flinn / Tim O’Leary’s waltz

Hi
I am trying to find the notes for this tune - does it have another name? The only Tim O’Leary’s I can find isn’t the tune I am looking for. Thanks
Clare

Posted by .

Re: Humours of Flinn / Tim O’Leary’s waltz

https://thesession.org/discussions/31543

We had this discussion a few days ago, although it got side-tracked a bit. But if you’re looking for a particular tune, that’s why there’s a "Requests" function. As pointed out, "The Humours Of Flinn" has been recorded by "The Boys Of The Lough", Claire Mann and John Wynne, and no doubt more.

Posted by .

You’re not very clear as to which of the 2 tunes you’re asking about.

If you go to iTunes, you can buy the “The Humours Of Flinn” either by "Sean Talamh", Leanne Aucoin
[ slowish version on fiddle ], Hanz Araki [ flute ], or the group "Golden Bough", as well as the afore-mentioned "Boys Of The Lough". I would respectfully suggest, after that you listen to the tune over and over until you learn it by using your ears. In the long run, that will be far better for your music and your playing than asking someone else to post the “dots”.

If you’re asking about “Tim O’Leary’s” waltz – “Mixolydian has provided the link above.

Posted by .

Hi Mix, Kenny,
Thank you both, this is the it was the "Boys Of The Lough" tune I was looking for, and you are quite right about learning by ear, I do a combination of notes and by ear - in this case I now have it sorted in my head and am playing it without the notes,
Thanks

Posted by .