Session tape: Paraic MacDonnchadha, Conor Tully & Frank Hogan

Session tape: Paraic MacDonnchadha, Conor Tully & Frank Hogan

I downloaded a session tape from some place on the internet (possibly related to ABC Navigator) of Paraic, Conor and Frank playing a session. It was a very comprehensive collection, maybe 15 tracks, and included a solo from Paraic on a set of jigs. I still have the recordings so this isn’t a plea to obtain them. However, as I’m referencing them for use in a project I’d like to know when and where this session took place, and perhaps some background to it. I’m in contact with Paraic but he’s very difficult to get a hold of due to his tight schedule.

For some reason, I always had in my mind that the session took place in Gort in 1990 but now I’m wondering have I mixed that up with the Linnane/Crawford session of the same time.

Paddy

Re: Session tape: Paraic MacDonnchadha, Conor Tully & Frank Hogan

I always had it in my head that the Linnane Crawford Session Tape was from Ennis. Now i cant remember and Gort seems to be ringing a bell.

Re: Session tape: Paraic MacDonnchadha, Conor Tully & Frank Hogan

That Gort tape (scratchy, noisy, and nothing but reels) is Paraic as well as Crawford and Linnane, if I understand correctly. I asked Kevin about it not too long ago, although we didn’t talk about Paraic specifically. But it sure sounds like him, and they play a couple of the same tunes that they played on the Maiden Voyage recording from Pepper’s where Kevin and Paraic were playing together.