Hang on a minute while I retune

Re: Hang on a minute while I retune

🙂

I can’t even begin to understand how that was done. Great fun to watch.

Pretty cool.

Wikipedia has a sizeable entry on "Animusic".

I have just enjoyed a very lovely lunch break, thank you for that…happy, clever, fun…the words are not enough.
And, like all the magic tricks, I do not need to know how it is done, it is there to be enjoyed; thank you!

All the best

Brian x

Good Lord…First we had the Wind Up Gramophone and now this !!! Is there no end to it

"I can’t even begin to understand how that was done."

It’s not really that hard. They computer generate the video, and then they copy the sound waves or whatever of the actual instruments. They use those waves and a computer to artificially generate the instruments’ sounds and notes. then they program the computer to play a sequence those sounds at certain points. It’s fairly simple programming. After that, they put it all together, and you have that. At least, I guess that’s how it works.

I suspect that within the fraternity that make those animations some of the satisfaction comes from including tricky things to impress their peers and raise the bar for next time. The bouncing balls in the clip that MorganXYZ linked may well be old hat now but someone first put put together a practical way of calculating those trajectories, some with multiple bounces, to match the sound. My hunch would be that it was ‘driven’ by a MIDI file or similar.

There’s more background on Animusic’s web site. Apparently their videos are indeed ‘driven’ by MIDI.

Interesting, but more than slightly creepy.

I shouldn’t be surprised if members of the Animusic fraternity could work up a cgi solution to the Three Body Problem during a mid-morning coffee break.

"It’s not really that hard. They computer generate the video, and then they copy the sound waves or whatever of the actual instruments. They use those waves and a computer to artificially generate the instruments’ sounds and notes. then they program the computer to play a sequence those sounds at certain points. It’s fairly simple programming. After that, they put it all together, and you have that. At least, I guess that’s how it works."

LOL! Not hard at all.

Well, in fairness, probably not that hard if your computer skills, unlike mine, extend beyond surfing the internet and writing things on MS Word.

Neat video anyway.

LOL! Not hard at all."

Well, okay, maybe I should have used complicated instead of hard. 🙂 I’m not quite good enough with computers to do something like that, but I pretty much know the basics of how it works, so it shouldn’t be as complicated as it seems.