Stolen Button Accordion

Stolen Button Accordion

STOLEN BUTTON ACCORDION! At some point during the Kenmare Festival this weekend, my Castagnari Tommy disappeared from my van, spoiling what was otherwise a lovely festival. Anyone who knows me knows the fiddle is my main instrument, but I occasionally get the box out. I thought I’d locked the van, but when I got back it was gone. It’s a small two row box, with a stepped keyboard, in DG tuning, so not the most saleable box in Ireland anyway. It’s in a black case with green plush lining. Please keep a look out, and share this.

Re: Stolen Button Accordion

I cannot offer help, but I can offer condolences. Sorry to hear your bad news.

I would notify every music shop in the area and keep on checking Craigslist and eBay for a posting. I doubt if the person who stole the box would try to fence it at a local session. However, you might want to contact local session leaders as to your loss and be on the outlook for the box.

That is kind of you Al

Posted .

Unfortunately most Tommies seem to be in similar cases (including mine). Were there any other marks?

I think it likely that whoever has it will take it to the English players if they know what they have (although that is unlikely to be the case). I do hope you find it; they are spectacularly good little boxes and, according to someone I was talking to recently, they are no longer being made.

Is it an old or new style? How is the name Castagnari placed on the body (relief or other).

It should stick out like a sore thumb to any music shop owner or Irish player. Best of luck with retrieving it!