Playing Midi on Android Phone

Playing Midi on Android Phone

ever since the (wonderful) session.org website revamp I’ve not been able to play the midi files when browsing on my Android phone. Have tried several browers (Firefox, Miren, native). Is anyone else finding that, or know a fix ?

Re: Playing Midi on Android Phone

When I click on a Midi file from my Samsung Galaxy (using the native Browser) the file is downloaded and immediately appears in the notification bar. From here it will open and play in whatever the default audio application is (including the Default Sound Player). In my case if will prompt for the application to be used as I don’t have a default media player set for Midi files.

Do you get an error message displayed when you try to play the Midi file?

Thanks David, have tried that and it works (apart from Miren browser). Cheers.

Check out the app Tunepal, it uses the session for a lot of it’s tunes. It has tune recognition and a huge archive to sort through (most of which have a playback option)

Thanks Tim. I had thought that was only for Iphone, but seems there’s now an android version. That usually makes aps unstable on Android devices, how has it been for you ?

Sorry Mike, I’ve been away for a while. I don’t use tune pal that often, but I’ve had no issues with bugs or instability so far, despite my Android slowing down in other areas.