Free Audio Mastering

Free Audio Mastering

An offer to all who may have recordings of their music that require improvement and mastering of the final mix
to get it to retail and airplay standard, and want to avoid the extra cost of a mastering studio. I am playing Trad. now for over 30yrs and am familiar with the costs involved with recordings as an independent musician. Although
the mastering element of recording is not the most expensive part, any savings you can make along the way are a
bonus, consequently I decided to learn this process for myself and soon discovered it’s possible to do a pretty good job using a PC and good editing software. I am not a recording engineer, just a musician, but I have edited and mastered my own recordings and the resulting audio is up to retail and airplay standard. So, if I can help any
musician out there to save on the costs of getting your recorded music ready for airplay and retail sale please feel free to contact me through this web site. Apologies to the "owner" of this site if this is deemed an inappropriate posting or if it’s in the wrong place.

Re: Free Audio Mastering

Thanks, Jim. I have gotten a lot from the music over the years and continue to do so. I have made some great
friends and have had the best of craic so I feel its about time I gave something back to the music and to the people who play it.

Tradrocks, just out of curiosity - what media do you need to do the mastering? Imagine if someone has a 4-track analogue cassette recording, would they first need to tranfer it to a PC running something like Reaper or Cakewalk? Then you do the mastering by mixing down the 4 tracks to stereo?

Yes, out of curiosity on my part, what’s you hardware and software setup?

I use really basic stuff, most of it freely available. I have reaper, cubase, audacity, izotope rx3.
I mostly use audacity with extra vst plugins for compression and limiting etc. As I said before I am not an audio engineer but have being teaching myself over the years and getting advice from a recording engineer friend.
I also restore old recordings, cleaning up as much of the noise as is possible, for this I mainly use izotope rx3,
there are some "cleaning" modules and plug ins in audacity but izotope is far superior for this type of work.

Have a listen to the before and after samples on my website :http://audiorestorationireland-net.webnode.com/services/

and my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Audio-Restoration-Ireland/259053460916903?id=259053460916903&sk=info

Kess, I have sent you a message - sorry for only seeing your message to me after 4 months !!