Instruments in your session, part 2

Instruments in your session, part 2

Tonight’s my first session two months. I just spent April, May and part of June clearing and selling my Sainted Mother’s house -- whew! (But it sold, and quickly. )

So tonight, the boys and girl from County Clarke (Clarke Co. Georgia, that is) are playing: black flute, fiddle (3), bouzouki, mandolin, banjo (2), piano accordion, guitar (2), acoustic bass guitar (he plays tunes on it), bodhran, and harp. 12 guys and me. Ooh -- we’ve got the whole pub clapping and stomping along. It’s good to be home.

Re: Instruments in your session, part 2

Have a wonderful time.

I have decided to take a break from playing for two months to concentrate on learning a few new tunes. Upon returning 3 fiddles, 2 whistles, 2 mandolins, 2 banjos, 2 guitars and one set of pipes will be there to greet me when I return with my tenor lute.

Sometimes a planned break is a good thing. Time to reflect and rethink how to enjoy this thing we call TIM even more.

Regular session ? Ain’t no such thing.
We have up to 4 fiddlers, but never all at once; similarly 3 mandolinists, 2 guitars, 3 flutes, whistles, concertina, bouzouki, bodhran, accordion, melodeon. Some of these are doubles from other musicians.
And we always welcome visitors, whether they remind us of tunes we’ve forgotten to play, or play tunes we don’t know yet.

we have what guernsey pete said, minus the melodeon and accordion, but plus TWO bodhrán “players”, one of whom has a wooden board with tambourine jangles nailed to it which he plays with his foot, and a penchant for using the tacks on his drum like a washboard. I wanna shove that thing up his.