Beautiful air composed and played by box player Colette O’Leary of The Long Note

Beautiful air composed and played by box player Colette O’Leary of The Long Note

Hearing this last Sunday on BBC Radio 3’s World Routes programme, I thought it was quite something else. Below is the link, although I don’t know how long it will be accessible: it may be removed after a week (i.e., I imagine, after Saturday 15 June), or it might be archived for longer. This tune commences just after 10 minutes into the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0262859

The programme was recorded at Shetland Folk Festival and presented by Mary Ann Kennedy. As far as I can tell from YouTube clips, Colette plays piano-accordion; her tune here was inspired by being in Wester Ross, to which she is ready to attribute its Scottish feel; and one or more other players provide a most sensitive accompaniment.

Re: Beautiful air composed and played by box player Colette O’Leary of The Long Note

Thanks nicholas — I would have missed those episodes.

Posted by .

Re: Beautiful air composed and played by box player Colette O’Leary of The Long Note

The one thing I didn’t catch was the tune’s name, if any! I believe it was inspired by ‘Loch Carron’ - whether that indicates a loch or a settlement, or is one word or two.

Cheers nicholas! The OH mentioned this was one whilst I was out at a gig, time to catch up!

Thanks, I too would have missed those programmes. They didn’t give the name and those tunes are not in the list of ‘music played’ on the page you linked. It says "over a year left to listen".