For the Love of Music and The Session.org…

For the Love of Music and The Session.org…

I don’t care what anyone says, this sight is awesome. It’s a great resource, and its very lively with many different users from all walks of music.

It’s hard to get anything for free nowadays, even knowledge and information comes with a price. To have free access to such a large and diverse group that freely gives free information is a privilege… Did I mention that it was free? Cause it doesn’t get much more free than this.

Not to mention, we have access to the sites’ Owner, Designer, and Moderator… How many sites give you that?!

We’re all artists and we all have creative ideas, but there is a time and an appropriate way to share these ideas. And if you seriously care about this website and want to see more "improvements", send the man donations with your suggestions.

As for me, thanks Jeremy. I’m not sure how many people are helping you run this sight, but yall are doing a fine job.

-Jerone

Re: For the Love of Music and The Session.org…

I wish I had had something like this available when I was young.
There is an inborn tendency to believe those in authority — including tutors — whose mis-teachings can stay with us for life, and sites such as this let us tap into a world of experience hitherto unavailable. How many of the questions asked on these pages go unanswered? Not many.
To criticise Jeremy’s creation is rather like complaining that diamond mines are full of stones.

Posted by .

"To criticise Jeremy’s creation is rather like complaining that diamond mines are full of stones."

John, I think that this is the best simile I’ve ever heard ever…

Jeremy is totally under utilised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You’re too kind. Thank you.

…although technically, this is a meta-discussion so let’s not dwell too long here. Back to the music! 😉

Keep up the good work!!!

Hear, hear!!

Well said fiddlelearner!!

I don’t remember Jeremy ever saying anything interesting or amusing about the music or sessions himself, and he’s now banned or discouraged most of the interesting, knowledgeable and/or amusing contributors or contributions.

Posted .

Well at least we’ve got you, Mr Brugernaun. I can always look forward to your interesting, amusing and knowledgeable posts.

Posted by .

It wouldn’t be the internet without at least one dissenting voice…
Keep up the good work, Jeremy!

Yes, but it’s the dissenting voices that make even the best intended meta-discussions potentially harmful, and I can see Jeremy’s point on that. Hence, even though I totally endorse Jerone’s sentiments I had intended to not add to the life support of this one. Just couldn’t help myself! Just NEEDED to pass on that thought.

I doubt many people are still reading this woeful thread, but I could not let the previous statement — "…it’s the dissenting voices that make even the best intended meta-discussions potentially harmful…" go unanswered.

It is the dissenting voice that makes a discussion enlightening and interesting. Gobby’s voice does not fit either of those latter categories, neither in this thread nor in others in which he has participated.

Bit harsh David …

As far as I am concerned — which is not far at all, really — anyone who doesn’t find Gobby’s contributions interesting or enlightening, or, indeed, amusing, should get out more.

Posted by .

Jeremy is the shepherd. We’re the bleating sheep.