Support Ross Ainslie and Jarlath Henderson’s New Album!

Support Ross Ainslie and Jarlath Henderson’s New Album!

After five years since their first studio album, *Partners in Crime*, Ross and Jarlath have set about working on their second album, *Air-Fix*. The album will include performances from Ali Hutton (guitar), Innes Watson (fiddle), Duncan Lyall (bass), James Mackintosh (drums), and promises a mix of traditional and self-penned tunes. If the energy and arrangements are anything like their first album, the second is going to be a blast!

This time they’re doing it without a record label to help, but producing an album on your own is expensive business. To rally support, they’ve set up a "Pledge Music" site where you can pledge funds by pre-ordering the album (£8 for digital downloads, £12 and above for the CD and other goodies).

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/rossandjarlath

They’re hoping to release the album in October 2013, but they’re far from reaching their pledge goal. So, if you’re a fan or new to their music, why not pledge and pre-order the album? For more information, and to watch a video of Ross and Jarlath talking about the album, see the link above.

This sort of crowd-funding is already common among independent artists and filmmakers, and I imagine we’ll be seeing many more trad artists going down this route in order to fund recordings without the help of a record label.

** Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Ross or Jarlath. I’m just a fan who desperately wants to make sure this album is produced! **

Brett

Posted by .

Re: Support Ross Ainslie and Jarlath Henderson’s New Album!

This will be amazing.