Tunes in Kent

Tunes in Kent

We — pipes and fiddle — will be in Kent, just outside Canterbury, from tomorrow (Sunday) night until approximately the following weekend. Are there any tunes? We looked at the sessions section and most recent posting was at the George seven moths ago. Is this still current? Are there more that have not been posted? Let us know!

Re: Tunes in Kent

Since when did moths become a measure of time?

I’d think The George would still be running. I’d been in touch with Andybanjo (teetotaller) threatening to come down during this summer just past but I never made it in the end. By all accounts it’s a lively session. Get in touch with Andy (who posted The George on here) via this site. Very obliging chap. Tell him I sent you. If he’s not doing it he’ll put you in touch with those who are.
If you’re still stuck you could make a little detour up the road to SE London to the Blythe Hill Tavern on Thursday or the Ivy House on Tuesday 🙂

What you doing in Kent?

Posted by .

Steady on Ben, Kent’s not that bad !

Wasn’t suggesting it was.

Posted by .

Cheers, John. Hopefully we will see you there!

You’ll be welcome to some tunes in Essex if you fancy a detour on your way back, Emily.

Hopping down in Kent, eh?

Sorry we weren’t able to stop by, Ian. But as you probably know, it’s a very long drive and if we were going to stop anywhere for any reasonable sort of visit, we’d almost have to make it an overnight one. As it was, it took us 10 hours to get back to Lanarkshire, thank you overturned lorry on M25 in addition to Friday traffic.