What is this tune?

What is this tune?

I think I learned this tune in the 1970s, but when I tried it in a few sessions in Durham (UK) and Ireland recently (after maybe 36 years not playing it), nobody had ever heard it. It’s so locked into my brain that I think it’s 90% accurate. Any ideas what it is? TuneFinder didn’t like it - no close matches.

X: 1
T: Dave’s Remembered Tune Whaaaa?
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
R: reel
K: Dmaj
|: c | d2AG FDDc | d2fd eBBc | d2AG FDDF | GBAG FDD :|
c | d2df abaf | gefd eBBc | d2df abaf | geaf dddc |
d2df abaf | gefd eBBc | dfce BdAF | GBAG FDD |

Re: What is this tune?

It’s that one the whistle player in Lunasa plays. I can’t remember the name.

@Earl: No, that’s a completely different tune you’ve linked to.

Theirlandais (Barry’s ??) “I suggest you use http://tunepal.org when searching for tunes…”

That’s no fun, though - we don’t get to play the ‘Identify the Tune’ game… and if it’s a tune we’re not familiar with, we don’t get to discover it. Keep the tune ID requests coming, I say.

Very familiar, but so far, trying different takes and keys - no luck!

Earl, is that Lunasa take on this on one of their recordings?

Thanks to Theirlandais. Indeed, it IS https://thesession.org/tunes/11677 , i.e. “The Randy Wife/Wives of Greenlaw.”
BTW, I tried tunepal, plucking the tune on a mandolin, but it couldn’t recognise it. Some instruments work better than others with tunepal, I think, or else my playing was just lousy.
Also BTW, I thought I already posted an acknowledgement of Theirlandais’s successful ID, but it doesn’t appear in this discussion. Hmmm.
Finally BTW, an example of the problems of memory (well, I AM 67): Now I recall that I DID play this tune a couple of years ago, because Lillias Kinsman-Blake wanted to slip it into an arrangement during a class at a Folkworks evening. I recognised the title AND the tune when she suggested it, even though I hadn’t played or heard it since the 1970s. And yet I managed to forget that event. Tunes come and go in one’s head.