need an AWSOME reel set

need an AWSOME reel set

i just need to learn some reels for this thing tomorrow. me and my brother are going to be playing for our freind because she’s in a fair thing, and me and my brother are going to play to help her to raise money. Thanks!!!

Re: need an AWSOME reel set

One real good combination is pigeon on the gate/drowsy Maggie/teacup reel.
Hope this helps!

Drwsy maggie and Jennys Chickens are very similar like variations of one another.

You want to learn some reels today, to perform tomorrow? And you want them AWESOME. You are brave.

It’s probably too late, since it’s already practically tomorrow (isn’t it always), but to be more constructive, in case this comes up again, I would suggest you play something you already know well. Unless you’re an awesome player who can pick stuff up and master it overnight. but then I’d think you already had rakes of awesome material to draw from.

Kevin Burke is a good one to turn to for awesome sets. One of my favorites is Cottage Groves/Maudabawn Chapel/Beare Island. Or you could do his 3 versions of Toss the Feathers set.

Awsome? I don’t know any Irish reels by that name. Not even awesome. Although I do know some fierce mighty tunes altogether. What about, in this order:
The Dublin Reel
The Monaghan Twig
The Convenience Reel

concertina reel/gravel walks/boys of malin

Sign on the pub wall “free beer tomorrow”