Fiddle/Tenor Banjo Stand

Fiddle/Tenor Banjo Stand

Does anyone know of an instrument stand that would accommodate a fiddle and a tenor banjo? I have a stand for the banjo, but would rather by one stand that could work for both versus buying another stand for the fiddle and carrying both around.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Re: Fiddle/Tenor Banjo Stand

I have a couple of these lying around the house from back in the days I was married to a fiddler. They hold my banjos OK, although, one of my banjos is a bit thick in the resonator department, and doesn’t really fit. So I guess it depends on your banjo.

http://www.jdmc.com/product/AV-50.html

I have a stand that I used for mandolin and tenor banjo. It’s a guitar stand, I think the brand was "Ultimate". The unique thing is that the prongs that hold the instruments are V shaped, rather than U shaped.
I tried looking, but I don’t think they make the one I have anymore.

You might try a regular 2 guitar stand and just bend the prongs to fit.

I recently picked up an Ingles violin stand that works for my mando and fiddle. I’m sure it would work for a tenor banjo. VERY sturdy and folds flat and not too long is you put the neck support piece in from the bottom when you pack up.

I would highly recommend the Ingles stand: http://elderly.com/accessories/items/SA20.htm

I have one and I’m considering a second one (too many banjos). It holds fiddles (that’s what it’s designed for and has a bow hook), bouzouki, tenor banjo with and without resonator, and probably other instruments. Obviously only one at a time.

One caution: if you’re not careful placing the instrument there may be a tendency for it to tip forward - particularly true with resonator banjos - the solution is to use the gate doohickey that swings down across the neck.

And so far the dogs have not been able to tip it over.

Ok, We used a home made stand that clamped to a mike stand. One side was spaced for violin, the other for bouzoucki. It consisted of two yokes (sized for each Instrument), a 1/4" round stock to join them together, a piece of 3/4" angle welded perpendicular to the yoke bar, and lastly, half of a "C" clamp for attachment. Worked great (cover the yokes in thin leather contact cemented on) and cost less than 10 bucks to make at a local Fab Shop. If you want mode details, shoot me your email and I’ll take a photo and send as an attachment.

Send to ccochran1961@gmail.com

Check out the Kinsman range of mic stand accessories. Clamp on instrument hangers-gadget shelves- drink holders etc. Resonably priced and solidly built. Gig proof and bomb proof. Handy if you are travelling light as you’ll often find spare mic stands at most venues. Clamp a couple of these to a mic stand and you’re sorted. I’ve used three hangers on one stand for mandolin, tenor banjo and octave mandolin, set so they didn’t interfere with each other, with minimal stage footprint. If you are worried about the weight of a resonator banjo you can set the yoke to support the neck with the body just resting on the floor. Kinsman is the UK brand name but I suppose they are of generic eastern manufacture. German company K&M also sell clamp on hangers. More pricey, but you might want to view their violin hanger.

thanks everyone!