U Turn

U Turn

I have a bunch of letters for the notes for this tune but I can’t just type all that out. I can’t copy and paste. I don’t even know how to put the letters into notation.

So if this tune is appealing to anyone, send me an email and I’ll mail you the pdf file that I have on it.

Two links, maybe one will work out of the two.

http://s01.radioairplay.com/isc/U-Turn.m4a

If that didn’t work, here is a link to the page and you can scroll down until you come to Samantha Robichaud and click the tune U Turn. http://www.radioairplay.com/isc_votes/Instrumental

Posted by .

Re: U Turn

Have you considered ABC notation

Hi Blind Bard, I don’t know how to make it into anything other than what it is.

Posted by .

This is confusing: “I have a bunch of letters for the notes for this tune but I can’t just type all that out.”

Do you want to type them out in order to generate an ABC file/Midi/written music/(something else)?

How many letters are there? I listened to it once (!) and what I hear is an Irish-sounding reel, two parts (A and B), D minor. Shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes to internalize one iteration of it (at least for the sake of transcription). I surely can’t take longer to copy the letters (unless they’re written in Cyrillic).

Good luck.

Nice tune, nice playing. I don’t quite get how it can be an entry into an international song-writing competition, but there ya go.

Did you just hear it and want to learn it, Suew, or are you connected with Samantha Robichaud in some way, or what … IOW, what’s the background to your interest in the tune?

Why can’t you copy and paste?

Posted by .

My connection with Samatha is that she’s in my province haha! So no connection. When I see or hear something I like I ask for notes which is what I did. I wrote her and asked for the notes to her tune and she sent me a pdf file. I can’t upload that kind of file here but I can send it to someone if they give me their email. It’s written in tab.

Sue

Posted by .

Sue, I sent you an email via this site, with my personal email information. I will try to sort it out for you if I can.
Joe

… or you could stick it up on something like box.net and link to it …

Probably best, of course, to just listen to enough to get it in your head and learn it by ear.

Thanks so much Joe for doing this. It will be a lot easier to learn now with the midi too. Yahooo! I emailed Samatha and told her if she didn’t get the notation, I could send it and she gladly accepted the offer. She was very appreciative for what you did Joe.

Awesome🙂🙂🙂

Posted by .