Traditional Irish Music on Vinyl and Cassette. Restored and converted to CD. A labour of Love !

Traditional Irish Music on Vinyl and Cassette. Restored and converted to CD. A labour of Love !

If you have an old favourite Trad. LP or Cassette Tape that is not available on CD I will convert it for you for free.
If the sound quality is poor, like crackles and clicks on old Vinyls and hiss on Cassettes, I will restore it using Audio Restoration Software, for free.
For those who live outside of Ireland I understand you may not want to risk posting your precious recording, if so perhaps you have already digitized your scratchy LP and would like it improved. If so, you can send me the
file ( uncompressed .wav ) and I will work on it.
So, get searching through your collection and pick out that Album !

Re: Traditional Irish Music on Vinyl and Cassette. Restored and converted to CD. A labour of Love !

Very kind offer, tradrocks! I’ve done a fair amount of that myself.

Re: Traditional Irish Music on Vinyl and Cassette. Restored and converted to CD. A labour of Love !

Hi Jim, what Audio Restoration Application do you use ? I use Izotope RX3 Advanced. Audacity also has some modules for removing noise, clicks etc., so between the two of them I can get a pretty nice result. I find RX3 a lot
less destructive than Audacity in some instances, it also has some very helpful modules not available in Audacity
like "De-Reverb" and "De-Construct" etc.

Hi tradrocks, I don’t use much in the way of audio restoration - mainly because it takes away some of the music frequencies along with the ‘pops’ Sometimes if the ‘pop’ is really loud I’ll use Audacity to reduce the ‘pop’ volume / freq, so it still sounds reasonably good.

There’s a good product from IK Mulimedia (need to look up the name) which is for ‘home recording’, ‘concerts etc, to remove excess reverb. I might try that on some of the live recordings where it’s been done in a hall, church etc. Musically these are often the worst places to record a concert!

Home recorded cassettes are the worst, when the recording has been done using some unknown Dolby NR 🙂

Jim, yes it’s true we need to be careful with Restoration as too much will damage the audio. There is a trade off between trying to remove the unwanted noises and keeping the original audio intact and the less processing the better.
Iv’e had some problems with too much reverb on a couple of tracks and have improved it quite a bit using the
de-reverb module I mentioned before.
If I can help you out with your live recordings and the reverb problem, let me know.

Thanks 🙂

What about Reel to Reel tape recordings ?

Hi, Vinyl, including 78s and Cassettes only, sorry. These are the main recording mediums I am asked to digitize and restore so it has not been worth it for me to invest in more equipment so far.
Thanks
Robbie.

This is a Closing Window of Opportunity as the demand for such functionality seems to be tapering off.
Too many aging hippies have put this off to ‘tomorrow’. So best do it now while casette/Vinyl/CD players still exist. They will be gone or will be too expensive in two or three years time.

There are a number of options - your local electronics dealer should have some options.
Having loads of taped session (currently not being listened to) I obtained Ion’s ‘Tape 2 Go’ (which converts it into MP3 Player format) from Maplin Electronics.
Tevion Sound (music/Audio Converter) is an older converter of casettes and vinyl. There are many newer version in existence.

Hope this helps and best of luck.
~Naoise

You might also check out ‘Audacity’ freeware to change formats etc.

Hi to all, my offer to convert and restore is ongoing so feel free to ask, all the best, Robbie.