grade 6 tune selection

grade 6 tune selection

Hi everyone. I was self taught on the concertina until I was 19 and I stopped playing until a few months ago. Im now 36 and I am doing my grade 6 with london college of music in a few weeks. Could anyone please point me in the direction of tunes I could play please? Or any pointers I need to know?

Re: grade 6 tune selection

Good luck. I did the Grade 6 a few years ago and the examiner seemed to enjoy that I played a tune he hadn’t heard before in an exam. If you do play something out of the ordinary, it wouldn’t hurt to know something about who composed it, etc. But of course it will probably be a different examiner with a different set of mind.

Certainly some variation of tunes and tune types would be good as I think it says that in the requirements.

I would also choose tunes you can play in your sleep because despite being a reasonably confident person, being "examined" certainly seems to bring back nerves. At least it did for me. Especially I’d choose a well-remembered oft-played tune to play first to warm up to.

Best of luck to you!

Paul

Posted by .

Re: grade 6 tune selection

Super thanks for ur reply. I have never done exams before or been taught so im starting to think im biting off more than I can chew lol! What tunes did u play at urs?