Odd EasyABC problem

Odd EasyABC problem

Suddenly my EasyABC app won’t recognize the left hand side of my keyboard. So I can’t enter any A, D or E notes. Fine with G, etc. I can type in those letters in any other program. I’ve tried starting a new document as well but no luck. Any thoughts?

Re: Odd EasyABC problem

I assume the keyboard itself is working OK?

Posted by .

Yes it is.

I’m not a computer expert, but the first thing I would do would be to re-boot my pc. If that didn’t work, I would remove EasyABC and re-install it.

Posted by .

Go to Menu - Settings - ABC typing assistance and turn off everything except - Add bar - and - Add matching right symbol🙂,],} and " . That fixed it for me. YMMV. Reloading the application won’t fix the problem nor will re-booting your computer.

Oh neato! The forum software turns the colon and right parentheses into a smiley face. Big whoops. So, for the EasyABC problem solution I’ve given, just refer to the correct menu item in EasyABC and don’t pay too much attention to how it looks here on the forum.

Thanks I’ll have to try it.

You are a genius callison! Thanks. Solved my weird problem. Now I can go back to using the program…

Late to the party I know, but I’ve just had exactly the same problem - thanks for the solution!

Same here! Was driving me mad, so thanks 🙂

I have a different EasyABC problem. When I doubleclick the play icon to loop the tune, the tune starts to play but the tempo is not what I want. If I adjust the tempo, it plays correctly the first time, but when it repeats, it reverts back to the original tempo. I am running Windows 10. Does anyone else have this problem?