Slow / beginner trad sessions Cork or Clare

Slow / beginner trad sessions Cork or Clare

Hi .. im learning the fiddle .. Im inbetween beginner / intermediate stage( so my teacher says).. just wondering if there are any slow sessions in cork or Clare as I am regularly in both places or even West Cork .. I don’t want to join in a session yet but want to start playing with people if possible. ( or if anyone wants to start one id be up for that too !)

Re: Slow / beginner trad sessions Cork or Clare

Hey Mary Lou - I’m living in Cork but from Clare and so I am often in Clare too. How often are you in Cork? I know of a couple places that are pretty welcoming and there was a slow session in Limerick but I think it might actually stop during the summer months. Maybe send me a message and we can discuss - I’d be interested in meeting up to play some tunes, if its convenient and possible. I’m playing about 2 years 3 months. Fiddle also, but I can play guitar too and a little banjo. Mike.

Great will message you later !

Hi Mary Lou, yes there are two sessions in Tots bar. One is usually on a Friday evening. It was the first friday of the month but it has been a bit sporadic the last few months. That session is for slightly more experience players but intermediate players are very welcome. There is also a family/kids slow session on the third Sunday of the month from 5-6.30pm which would be a good session for you. There may not be any sessions over the summer but they will definitely start again come September. Adrian

thanks Adrian

Slow / beginner trad sessions Clare

Marylou

Every Sunday in Gallagher’s bar in Kilkishen there is a session from 7pm till late, graduating from beginner to experienced as the night wears on. I believe there is a small charge for early part (from 7 onwards). The session has been going for years and years.

Later in the evening (from about 9:30 onwards) it’s an open session with mixed abilities: anybody and everybody is welcome and will be given a chance to play at their own pace.

Regards
David

Thanks a mil David !