Martin Connolly’s Kincora Accordion

Martin Connolly’s Kincora Accordion

Does anyone have a Kincora box? I play a Saltarelle right now but I’m thinking of getting one of Martin’s. I’ve played one or two of them before, but wasn’t thinking of buying one of them at the time so I didn’t really examine the thing. I know they’re built very well and everything, but I’m just looking for some feedback on them before I decide.

Re: Martin Connolly’s Kincora Accordion

Hello, I also know a few people who play Martins boxes and they have been very happy with them. They are also fine musicians and don’t seem to have any problems with the Kincora boxes. I wonder how expensive they are though. Are you based in Ireland. I think Martin lives round ennis or Kilfornora not to sure though
all the best with the box hunting
John C

Hello, I have one of Martin’s boxes and I actually know 10 or 15 other people that also have Kincoras (mostly around the ennis area). I have never heard anyone say a bad word about the boxes. I’ve never had a problem with mine and I’ve had it 4 years, very happy with it. Martin will build the box to whatever specifications you want, each one is custom built, and its unusual to see any 2 Kincoras exactly the same. Hope this is of some help

Thanks all of you. All that does help. Haven’t heard anything negative about his boxes, either, but it’s always good to see what other people have to say before you make the purchase. Had a bad experience with my (brand new) Saltarelle the last time and don’t want to deal with that again. I think I want to go with a handmade one. Mind me asking roughly how much you paid for it? I’m sure he’s changed prices or something since four years ago, but just to get an idea. Thanks again!

Prices now are around the 2800euro mark, not sure exactly though…..

Hello!! I have a Kincora B/C hand crafted by Martin Connolly. He is a craftsman and gentleman. He built mine with the three reeds,the bass having a stopper to bring in or out..We talked several times while he was in the process of manufacturing it,from his home in Ennis to mine in Florida.I absloutely love his Bosca. It plays so much better than my Saltarelle Irish Bouebe , The actions of the buttons and bellows is incredible. The reeds sound so beautiful and so completely tuned. Mine is finished in very dark wood….so beautiful. I actually met Martin when I returned to Ennis during Fleadh Nua ‘10’.He is a delightful and very honest man. I am only sorry than I didn’t purchase my Kincora sooner. In my opinion it is the best of the quality made boxes made today. Wishing you all the best. Please tell him Marty says hello from Florida.