Button Accordions

Button Accordions

Im looking for a wholesaler to supply me with 2 row button accordions for my shop as a lot of students looking to learn how to play.
I can get piano accordions but getting it hard to source button accordions for students.
If anyone has any information it would be great. Thanks

Re: Button Accordions

There are heaps of student button accordions available.
Most of them should be avoided like the plague!
Do you know Martin Quinn or Sean Garvey?
They should be able to advise you on the better brands that are available.

Posted .

Thanks aradru i will check this out, thanks for the reply

Just met a gentleman, here in the states, that specializes in repair of all flavors of button accordions as a rather obsessive hobby. His tuning and repair setup is one of the most sophisticated I’ve ever seen (he is a professor of engineering at a local university in "real life", and brings an attitude of precision to his work that I’ve not seen before). Right now it appears that he will be focusing primarily on two row Hohners (the older ones), and he has about a dozen in various state of repair. I am certainly not an expert in button boxes, but I would expect that the refurbished antique or vintage boxes would be better than a poorly constructed budget modern box. Currently he does not have a webpage, but I believe one is in development. If you are interested I can most likely get you contact info.