Tune by Matt Molloy - anyone know the name?

Tune by Matt Molloy - anyone know the name?

Hi everyone,

Our session members are trying to figure out the name of the tune played during the first 1:30:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWb3UIDSqg

Anyone know it?

If it’s already on the site great, if not I’m in the process of transcribing it and will add it to the site, but I’d rather put a name to it and not have it as a repeat song.

Thanks!

Re: Tune by Matt Molloy - anyone know the name?

Sounds like a favourite piping tune called Colonel Frazer.

I’m at work and can’t play the video with sound, but if it’s the clip I think it is, then the tune at the start is not Colonel Fraser (that tune comes later), and is a bit of a mystery. There was a previous thread on here where someone wanted to identify it and nobody was able to do so, and it was suggested that it may be a tune that Matt composed.

Apologies if I’m thinking of the wrong clip entirely!

Just learn it off the video and call it Matt Molloy’s.

I have no idea what the name is, but thanks for sharing, in any case, as I think I’ll learn this one as well!

"I’m not sure how someone was able to give it a name"

If you read the comments it seems that someone was Matt Molloy himself.

Posted by .

Of course it’s Colonel Frazer….

Of course it’s not

Yeah it says in the youtube clip that the first part is a composition of Matt Molloy’s. Thanks so much for finding the name of the song! I’m sure my fellow session players will be quite happy! I’ll add the setting I’ve transcribed (@Richard Cook - that’s exactly what I did initially) to the list, and a comment about the name of the song to the youtube video so the next person in my position doesn’t need to ask, hopefully. Thanks again!