Mystery Jig (to me)

Mystery Jig (to me)

I’m trying to find the name of this jig. I tried the program BPMinus (http://bpminus.com/index.php) on a random unnamed tune from some archived session, and now I’d like to know what it’s called. It’s really fun at full tempo. I tried to search the ABC but to no avail.

X:1
T: Name Dat Tune
M:6/8
R:
K:D
A2D FED|F2A A2f|g2e f2d|e2c ABc|
A2D FED|F2A A2f|a2f efe|1e3-ecB:
2e3-e2A|d2e f2f|gfe f2f|gfe fed|
e2cB2A|d2e f2f|gfe f2g|a2f efe|d6||

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tom, on Point Pelee Canada

Re: Mystery Jig (to me)

Denis Murphy’s slide (I think…)

Wow! You guys are FAST! That’s the one. I suppose I could have found it myself if my brain hadn’t insisted that it was a Jig. The version I have is ever so slightly different, and I may have messed up the ABCs a little, but this is definitely it.

BTW, Denis Murphy’s Polka is a very popular tune at a couple of our our local sessions.

Thanks again. Let’s try a new one. 🙂

Tom

Like Tom, I have been sometimes initially bamboozled as to which type an unknown tune is due to hearing only the melody and picking up the downbeat and/ or meter incorrectly. Typically Slip Jigs can do this but more extremely is confusing tertiary and square four rhythms.
This often occurs if a tune catches you attention after it has comenced. According to legend, this is how ska, bluebeat & rock steady were conceived.