Online survey about traditional music TV programmes.

Online survey about traditional music TV programmes.

Hi there,

As part of my postgraduate studies I am doing some research and an aspect of this is a short survey about popular traditional music programming in Ireland and Scotland. The survey is asking what programmes, if any, you might watch and a there are a couple of open ended questions also asking for thoughts on how you find the current programs, and what else you might like to see.

I’d really appreciate anyone taking a couple of minutes to fill this in.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the Google survey link.

http://goo.gl/forms/CCeb2kGsoF

All the best.

David

PS I use the site regularly though not as a contributor or for my tune book (I use ABC Navigator for that) so please don’t be alarmed that I have an account I don’t appear to use. The link won’t whisk you away to any weird online phishing scam.

Re: Online survey about traditional music TV programmes.

I filled this in, and was later presented with an e-mail instructing me to verify my gum-tree account. I have no desire for my information to be retained by gum-tree, but as there was no means to unsubscribe, it seems I have no choice in the matter. Perhaps we should have been warned.

Posted by .

I also filled it in, but have heard nothing yet. The questions seemed honest enough, to me.

Hi, I have no idea how this is possible Gam, the form doesn’t require any email addresses or identifying factors. Gumtree are owned by Ebay and they are not not, as far as I am aware, affiliated with Google in any way.
I was careful to choose a method which would require no personal details, and none are required at any stage, so I think these are unrelated.
Thanks for filling the form in and i hope you sort out the Gumtree issue. Being owned by eBay, it’s likely they will gradually look to monetise activity by replicating some of eBay’s systems, including personal accounts being verified, under the premise of trying to minimise fraud but really in order to make more money out of it.
David

Thanks for that Michael,
I filled it in myself when creating it to confirm it wouldn’t ask for names, emails or other private details. It is designed to be completely anonymous.
David

I must admit it had me puzzled — given that I didn’t submit any personal details. It is rather unnerving to know that one’s personal data are passed around without pause; but perhaps the questionnaire and the e-mail were just coincidental. What is the name of the site that provides the questionnaire?

Posted by .

gam, the email can only have been coincidental. The form doesn’t collect your email address and it’s submitted over a secure connection.

Hi Gam, it’s provided by Google forms.

Thanks for clarifying that it’s also sent securely Jeremy.

David

I had no problem with it.

Really interesting comments so far. It is completely anonymous and I have no information at all about any respondents so do feel free to write whatever you feel.

Thanks.

David

I’ve added a couple of questions relating to information provided in some of the answers. Feel free to take the survey again and answer the new questions, perhaps noting you have already responded in the text box answers.

Many thanks to everyone who has taken part, very interesting to read peoples answers.

David

Hi again folks, I’ve nearly 20 responses and there’s been some interesting thoughts and comments. I’d love to get 50 responses so please take a minute or two if you can over the next few days, and let me know your thoughts. As already stated, it’s completely anonymous and no names, emails or any other private information is required, just a handful of questions with a submit button.
Thanks again to this who have and to those who take the survey.

David

Thanks for all the responses here folks, it’s been really interesting to hear what people think about the various programmes and style of presentation. The responses will become part of the data in my research but individual comments, which are anonymous to me anyway, will not be quoted and instead themes will be lifted.
If anyone wants to fill it in, it will be online for the next few days.
Thanks again.

David

Can you post your analysis back to this forum? Would be interesting to hear what you find.