Check out TradMusician a free ABC player for android

Re: Check out TradMusician a free ABC player for android

Good post, I will be keeping a Eye on This .
Thanks !
f4

Excellent. I’ve just installed on my MeMo pad 10" and it accesses my Dropbox files quick and easy. Thanks for this.

I then clicked on the included link back to our mustard board tunes page, but it was not obvious to me how to get the selected tune from there into TradMusician. I’m thinking I must have to copy paste into a text file, save then open that new file? Is there a more direct method?

Wish list
Tempo control
Ability to change the voice/ sound.

But overall, I really like it.
Mike

Great app for android.
Nice sound .
Works well as a memory aid
Now I can run through the set list from .abc + notes just before the show.

Posted by .

New version is out, ready to put under the Xmas tree:

- Add Change Playback Tempo !!!!!!!
- Add MIDI instrument setting
- Add Loop preference
- Fix UTF 8 Decoding
- Better MIME/Type handling
- Better Big File opening experience

Hello!

Great work. I’ve just been playing a little with the app and there is one issue I don’t know how to solve. The download link for my tunebook on thesession.org is split into a four separate pages and I can’t enter a url to sync all four, only one page at a time.

I’d also like to suggest a feature request: The ability to reorder tunes manually, by drag&drop or something. I’d like this for various reasons, mostly to keep my current favourite tunes and those I’m learning at the top, but also to keep tunes that I like to play in sets close together in the list.

Thanks

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your feedback.

1/ Multi pages TheSession tunebook sync
You ‘re right the multi-pages TuneBook was not handled at all. I’ve released a new version (will be available in a few hours) that fixes this.

Once you will be updated just leave "https://thesession.org/members/88561/tunebook/abc?orderby=name&page=1" in the URL. It will now sync all pages in the same tunebook.

2/ Reordering/Tunes/Sets/Favorites
This a subject that I’m thinking about. Next major version will probably include some features around this.

Thanks Nicolas! Sync is working great now 🙂

Thanks for this great app.

I have one question, is it possible to create an ABC file offline in an app on a tablet which I can then open in tradmusician to see the music notation. Or would it be possessible to provide a way to create an abc file directly in tradmusician?

Can I delete any files from the open local file list?

Hi fmontale at Trad Musician,
I installed this app on my Nexus7 a few days ago and must just say how brilliant it is.
I have linked it to my Tunebook here on The Session and to my dropbox folder with tons of ABC’s in it.
Nice clear display of notation and ABC makes it a joy to use. I have not used it as an editor yet I think that may prove a little more difficult.
Best ABC app ever works a treat, great learning tool away from laptop. Time to throw away all those sheets and folders.
Thank you so much for creating this app (and it’s free too) Excellent!!!

Anyone know of an abc app for windows phones?

I’m having trouble with this app. I receive a message "online sync needed, your local copy of your online tunebook is missing. You should update it". I’ve tried various options, and am not having much results.
I also received a message that my previous tunes were not available, " do you want to index them" . Clicked yes and they disappeared. I had entered them manually, from a flash drive and on the go cable, since I couldn’t access my Session Tunebook. I am using an LG tablet from Verizon, version 5.0.
Thanks for any help.

To add to my previous post: When I try to bookmark my tunebook, it doesn’t work.