used instruments in Dublin + sessions in st. Patrick’s

used instruments in Dublin + sessions in st. Patrick’s

Hi anyone!
I’m a silent reader here since 2010,
learned a lot from the discussions.

I’m looking to buy a pair of whistles, high&low D, in Dublin (I have one that’s more of a toy than an instrument) -
prefferably used one, due to my small budget, (100 euro top).
Anny recommendations for shops and models?

As I mentioned, I’ll be in Dublin next week (16-19.03)
is there good sessions and shows?
I’m afraid that temple bar area will be realy touristic,
and I want to catch some quality ITM 🙂

Thanks to all,
Jacob.

Re: used instruments in Dublin + sessions in st. Patrick’s

How’s it going? O’donoghues has a nice and very welcome session almost every night of the week but it’s best on a *Sunday night * ! You could also hit the cobblestone in Smithfield . 15 minutes on the Luas tram from O’Connell street . My guess is there will be a good bit of music in the cobblestone on Paddy’s day itself , Dublin can get quite messy especially around temple bar and towards Grafton street after the parade so be warned !

You might ask yourself why is a used one on sale ? Maybe because it wasn’t so good ?
Better just stock up on a good high D for now, and try out any you can find and save up for the best one of the low Ds you find.
Hint; if you don’t spend so much in the pub you’ll have more cash for the next instrument…….

Thanks!

As I recall, in the past there were manny discussions about reasonablly priced high D’s. I can’t find tohse discussions on the forum though..
Can you help me, or just recommand on brand (and model) for a high D?

Id recomend buying a dixon trad considering you budget its cheap and plays realy well

In one way it’s reasonable to ask what’s the best ? In the other, it really should depend on you, what feels right, what sounds right. The more you play, the more you should get an idea for yourself.