Tin whistle music with accompaniment

Tin whistle music with accompaniment

Is there any nice slow sheet music for tin whistle that has accompaniment with it? …or at least with guitar chords? I recently found "The Level Plain" with piano accompaniment at seoltamusic.com but find that tin whistle music with any kind of accompaniment is hard to come by.

Re: Tin whistle music with accompaniment

Pretend the top line of the piano arrangement or tune part for what ever other doodah the music’s written out for is whistle dots.

There is really no such thing as "tin whistle music," as most Irish traditional music can be played by tin whistle. While some tune books pitch themselves as "tin whistle" or "fiddle" books, they are playable by any instrument. And there are a number of tune books out there that have guitar chords on the tunes. The David Mallinson Books (100 Essential Irish Session Tunes, 100 Evergreen Irish Session Tunes, etc) have suggested guitar chords. And a woman I know who is learning harp has gotten her hands on lots of arranged music that could easily be adapted for tin whistle and piano accompaniment, although I am not sure what her sources were.
And if you want to play airs to songs, there are lots and lots of songbooks out there that have a lead sheet with guitar chords.

I would suggest you check into Paul Hardy’s Session Tunebook. It contains over 500 tunes - the vast majority in the whistle friendly keys of D or G with suggested guitar chords. You can purchase it or download a pdf or abc version for free. Check it out at his website: http://www.pghardy.net/concertina/tunebooks/

I would suggest getting some of Sylvia Wood’s PDFs for harp and using the harp arrangements for the piano. I can only imagine it would work well as she arranges for Irish trad, celtic, pop, etc etc. She also has a section for flute/harp accompaniments which you could transpose to whistle/piano.

http://www.harpcenter.com/category/harp-books-sylvia-woods-2

Posted by .