Lefty flute for sale - D with Eb body

Lefty flute for sale - D with Eb body

Hi,

I have a 4 key Hammy for sale comes with Eb corps de rechange, open to sensible offers. The flute is a loud session flute as you would expect from a Hammy.

Can send pics/sound samples if requested.

kind regards

Re: Lefty flute for sale - D with Eb body

I am a righty and not a lefty, but let me say that you have an attractive offer, that a four-keyed lefty-Hammy is not a pedestrian offer but is rather exclusive. Ooooo! This is an exotic deal.

Although six-keyed is preferred, four-keyed is a fully chromatic simple-system flute, fully adequate.

Thankyou, yes a unique offering in more ways than one. If you have played Hammys flutes its easy to make them sing. This flute easily stands out in the busiest of sessions.

A lefty, with brochure perfected also an accompanying keyless Eb body that Hammy made for the head..

The four keys are great and have been used for my repertoire of tunes, I’ve never strayed to need additional keys. Although you can never have enough bling.

Happy to supply more pics / info if interested.

Kind regards

Attention left-handed flute players:

Ready to break out of diatonic flute limits and go chromatic?

This is the kind of good deal that you might never see again on the Internet.

"Although you can never have enough bling."- Andyras1

Hehehe! The ultimate bling is to get an eight-key and then to appear authentically Irish rotate the keys and the foot outward about a quarter of a turn, totally clearing the pinky finger and making the foot keys totally worthless but oh, you will look sooo good!

I do love the intricate engineering of some of the old flute keys, absolute works of art. rudall keys are beautifully engineered.

In afraid I wouldn’t know what to do with them past polishing them 🙂

Oops, I should have been clearer, that the 7th and 8th keys are on the foot of the flute and the foot with those keys then gets rotated outward about a quarter of a turn so that the pinky finger is totally clear of them then making the 7th and 8th keys totally worthless and that is how a player can appear to be an authentic Irish player. That is the ultimate bling!

Oh, but those keys, the 7th key in particular, indeed can come in handy. Here is an ancient Irish melody in D which calls for one low C#, for the 7th key. Yes, you likely will recognise this tune by another much more common name but here are the older lyrics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR9xlD_hfQI

Otherwise, the differences between a 4-key and a 6-key are really quite minor, with 2 of the 6 keys duplicating 2 of the 4 keys, but there are some occasional instances where the 6-key lends itself to more facile fingering.

The word needs to get out that there is a left-handed four-keyed Hamilton-made flute for sale. 1) Left-handed keyed-flutes are rare and then very few of them ever appear for sale. 2) A four-keyed flute could take a player a long, long way into music. 3) This flute was made by a highly regarded maker, Hamilton.

Please do your left-handed flute playing friends a favor and let them know about this.

Thanks Doug

Is this still for sale

If so how much?

Sorry it’s gone