Cradle banjo strap

Cradle banjo strap

Having some difficulty in sourcing a cradle banjo strap in Dublin, anyone know of a shop that sells them? (Don’t want to purchase online)

Thanks

Posted by .

Re: Cradle banjo strap

There are several musical instrument shops around Sth. William St., Exchequer St. and St. Great George’s St. Have you checked those out?

There’s another shop near St. Stephen’s Green, Charlie Byrne’s on Lwr. Stephen St. It looks like it’s closed, but you just need to ring the door bell to be let in. Just around the corner on Aungier St. there’s a guitar shop called ‘Some Neck’, although I don’t know if they stock anything banjo-related.

Such a pity McNeill’s shop is gone from Capel Street now because I’d say you’d have found one in there! There is a place in Baldoyle Industrial Estate though, they’re website is www.irishmusik.com (that spelling is not a mistake).

It’s a pretty good place once you’ve found it in the estate and, although the website I’ve given is mainly bodhran dominated, they do have a lot of other trad instruments and accessories, this was the only place I could get my hands on a 2 foot 1/2" banjo bridge recently, so they may have what you’re looking for. The owner is very friendly too so definitely worth a call/visit.

Thanks all. Much appreciated

Posted by .