Member 100,000 on the session

Member 100,000 on the session

My guess is that thesession.org member 100,000 https://thesession.org/members/ will create their account on 2nd July 2015 @ 0:10 (GMT + 1), an American hammered dulcimer player, new to Irish music who also plays the guitar.

I’m all in, your turn..

Re: Member 100,000 on the session

Good job they don’t all post at once.

8th September 2015, 10pm
A classically-trained tuba player who wants to join the session at his local pub. His first question will be "What are the three session tunes I should learn to be able to join in any session in the world?" The answer, as you all know, will be "Drowsy Maggie", "The Kesh Jig" and "The Butterfly". All in.

For all we know, it could be a man from Uzbekistan who is so interested in Irish music because of a CD he once heard that he buys a tin whistle and travels for hours just to get a wi-fi connection to talk to us. The question that we need to answer is, will he find support and encouragement? Or will he be snubbed, and go home and sell his tin whistle to the neighbor kid?

We should all PM #100, 000 to welcome this person to the site.

1 October, 10:01 GMT - A spoons player from Cerne Abbas hoping to find rhythm tab for Wagon Wheel.

Sept. 6, 8:35 PDT (either am or pm, not sure just which yet…).
Someone wanting help with the name of a tune.

It will be the Second Coming of Llig.

Well, if this site was subscription-only, say £10 for life membership per member, Jeremy could be a millionaire soon with the registration of member 100,000, and afford to retire. Maybe also get Llig to take over as the new moderator 🙂

Or member 100,000 will be a robot …

please don’t let member 100,000 be a spam bot!

"And on the seventh day, Will Harmon returned to walk these lands, a god amongst men".

Only 160 new members needed!

I’m betting on it being a highland piper who also plays guitar and several other instruments. His first post will be about how practicing scales and arpeggios is really good for your playing, and will bristle as soon as you tell him that playing in a session isn’t performing…

Is it possible to find my "member number"?

Jerone, you are member number 70591. If you click Your Profile you can see the number in the address bar of your browser - using a computer anyway.

Steve - an oldie with no. 1531

Ah ok, thanks Steve 🙂 Funny, the last 2 digits of my member number are the same as my birth year 😀

97 to go!!!!

Today is the Day…..

But spare a thought for the fact that there are only 54,000 Active accounts, that means that some 46,000 have been deleted, now most of that will be spam type stuff and the others will be the high maintenance problem children of the thesession.org over the years.

If we estimate it takes 2 minutes between identifying, verifying, and actually deleting an account, that’s taking into consideration all types of deletion (Spams and problem kids), it would have taken ( 46,000 * 2 minutes/ 60 minutes ) / 8 hour working day = 191 working days of effort since the site began.

3 to go!!!

If my calculations are correct member 100,000 created their account on the 3rd July, maybe the 4th…

So I declare myself the winner being the closest, but that was never in doubt, was it.

and we can only assume that Andrew Longworth=Dames! is an American hammered dulcimer player, with a user name like that he kinda has to be, don’t you think.