Reel Name(Paddy Fahy’s)

Re: Reel Name(Paddy Fahy’s)

The first one starts at 0:00 at ends at 1:50. 🙂

Indeed it does, I’ve had no luck searching through the few Paddy Fahy tunes I have, nor have I heard it before on any recording that I can recall. It’s probably hidden in the dozens of Fahy tunes on this site. Hopefully someone can link the tune or I may have to resort to going through all of them.

I have learned that Paddy Fahy wrote a lot of tunes and he is quite a legend.
However, is it possible that people are attributing tunes to him that he didn’t compose?
Is saying "It’s a Paddy Fahy tune.", another way to say "It’s Gan Ainm"?

halfwaythere, I don’t think anyone really says ‘it’s a Paddy Fahey tune’ when they mean ‘this tune is without a name’ unless they mean it as a kind of joke. Paddy Fahey tunes DO have names, it’s just that they’re all the same name! There might be some confusion or dispute sometimes around whether Mr Fahey did or didn’t write a particular tune (compare Ed Reavy’s "Never Was Piping So Gay" or Sean Ryan’s "The Robin’s Nest").

By the way, I believe his last name properly contains an E although one sees it without, most noticeably on Martin Hayes’ recordings.

It’s sort of like George Foreman’s children

Exactly haha 🙂

Well, in East Galway there are Fahys and Faheys. Paddy seems to employ an ‘e’. Altho’ I suspect when written in Irish, they’d be the same spelling 🙂