Tune ID

Re: Tune ID

Hmm, it sounds Scottish to me, maybe a new composition, something that Ian Hardie could have written. Or, of course, David Doocey himself.

Fantastic reel, I’d love to know the name as well.

Can’t help with this one Tom, but I’m absolutely certain I’ve heard it before. The change into the 2nd part is quite memorable. I think jeff might be on the right track with it being a recent Scottish composition. I’d suggest getting the first 2 bars of the 2nd part and sticking it through "Tunepal" and see what come up. Ian Hardie is a possibility as composer, another candidate might be Charlie McKerron, maybe Adam Sutherland. Just a gut feeling, could be totally wrong, but I’m sure someone here must know it.

Posted by .

some parts remind me Antrim rose… but I could be wrong

Posted by .

The more I go through the tune in my head, the more familiar it sounds. It’s still something I associate with a Scottish band/musician (or from Northern England), definitely on fiddle, and probably in A (but maybe a tone below - G). Blazing Fiddles? Capercallie? 422? Boys of the Lough?

And now I think I might have heard the opening bar as AFFA E3F, and last time through A2F2 E3F (even AzFz EzzF) with everybody doing the "breaks" (fiddle(s), flute and maybe (piano) accordion).

Interesting Jeff - still not found it myself! Must keep hunting…

I contacted David to learn more about this tune, sadly he doesn’t even know the name. This is what he said:

"Hey Khelton! How are things? I’m not sure of that tunes name, I learned it from Brona who learned it when she was in Cape Breton for a while. Sorry I can’t be of more assistance!"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19968260/David.png (Screenshot of his explanation)

Thanks for investigating Khelton!

Great! So it WAS Blazin Fiddles after all!