For the Guitarists - Terrific Interview and Spotlight with Altan’s Daithi Sproule

For the Guitarists - Terrific Interview and Spotlight with Altan’s Daithi Sproule

From Acoustic Guitar Magazine, here:

http://www.acousticguitar.com/Sessions/Acoustic-Guitar-Sessions-Presents-Daithi-Sproule

Obviously, Mr. Sproule’s done a lot more than just Altan, but I don’t know how well known Skara Brae and his recordings with Tommy Peoples, Paddy O’Brien/James Kelly and his other work is amongst ye’s. If you’re not familiar with this stuff, I highly recommend checking it out, along with the very well-known Altan recordings.

He goes into the history of DADGAD and its early adopters in Irish music in the late 60s and early 70s, including Michael O Domnhaill, and what things were like in the Donegal/Tyrone and Dublin music scene at that time. Some lovely self-accompanied singing by an under-appreciated master of the art.

Re: For the Guitarists - Terrific Interview and Spotlight with Altan’s Daithi Sproule

Hi Jason had a wee look it’s an excellent insight into the mysterious
History of the Irish trad guitarist. I wish their was more material like this or is their and I’m unaware of it. I love his album with Tommy people’s - the iron man

Re: For the Guitarists - Terrific Interview and Spotlight with Altan’s Daithi Sproule

I don’t mean daithi spourle is mysterious it’s just their doesn’t seem to be a lot of info about trad guitarist in general