Places not to miss in Dublin

Places not to miss in Dublin

I’m lucky enough to be over in Dublin for a couple of days in September - suggestions?

Looking for shops, bars and places of interest for a budding fiddle player.

Re: Places not to miss in Dublin

One of my faves was O’Donoghues near St Stephen’s Green (http://www.odonoghues.ie). Tends to get a little crowded, but that’s kinda normal in a big city, I guess…

I have to say, as a native, and with respect to the heritage of the place, that O’Donoghue’s is best avoided. Practically every friend who plays/ed there would agree… If you spend a night there, you’re probably missing something better.

Do you want to listen, OP, or join in?

The Cobblestone. I also went to Slattery’s on Sunday evening at about 6pm when I was over there last year, and had really good tunes.

hughes chancery street .think its sunday and thurs but possibly more nights than that. its 5 mins from the cobblestone

Thanks everyone - any shops I should visit to drool over fiddles I can’t afford?

Oh yeah - I only want to listen to the music.

If I was in Dublin one of the places I would not miss is Melbourne.

Posted by .

I loved the Stag’s Head when I was there. Go on a friday or saturday night into the cellar bar. It gets pretty busy though.

The floozie in the jacuzzi…..

The Cobblestone can be very good (depending on the host(s) and if there even is one), but sometimes it’s dead boring (I’ve left after less than five minutes several times).