Sweet flute

Sweet flute

Some time ago I owned a Rosewood, 4 keyed, flute made by Walt Sweet. I really loved that flute. Clearly stamped on the flute was the number 4025. Then I sold it through the Irish Flute Store along with the wooden box I made for it. As it happened I knew the guy who bought it. Funny story, the next time we saw each other he proudly showed me his "newest favorite". Then he sold it.

Bottom line, if you happen to own that specific flute Number 4025 and have any interest in selling it, would you PM me?

Re: Sweet flute

Aaaahh…..the one that got away.
Good luck in finding it.
The guy you sold it to sounds a bit of a d1ck…..

Thanks. Maybe I told the story badly. My friend is in fact a wonderful friend and great guy. He was as surprised as I was by the coincidence. He even offered to sell it back to me. The error was mine for not reaching immediately for my checkbook. Too late smart…hindsight and all that. Live and learn.

Ross, are Walt’s flutes terribly inconsistent, or is this a sentimental thing?

FWIW My 4 key Sweetheart flute (#4927) cured my obsession with buying & selling flutes - it just is right for me - in tune & great tone. Also keyed flutes are no longer available on Walt’s website.

I’ve heard that Walt’s flutes are inconsistent but have no way to judge. Good Ol’ 4025 is the only one I’ve ever played and it seemed very good to me, as do the C and D whistles I bought from him. And yes, it’s very much a sentimental thing. I very much like the Paddy Ward that replaced it and will likely play it until my fingers fall off, but the Sweet was my first. Hopefully you know what that means.

Just an old fool I guess…thanks for asking.

I understand Ross, I’ve had a few irreplaceables slip away too. good luck!

Just a note that Sweetheart flutes are done by Ralph Sweet, although his son Walt has a hand in it as well. Walt sells flutes and whistles under his own name as WD Sweet, which is a separate company.

I’ve got Walt’s Shannon flute and its quite lovely, hope you can find your old one!

"….cured my obsession with buying AND SELLING….."…!
Buying instruments I understand.
Selling them, I really don’t .
I’m just glad that there are people who do that.