Takamine en10c soundboard crushed

Takamine en10c soundboard crushed

At a gig the other night and offered one of the lads a lift home in the van, he ended up sitting on my guitar and collapsed the soundboard. Anyone know of my options, this guitar is of more sentimental value than the actual value, any help/info much appreciated. Thanks

Posted by .

Re: Takamine en10c soundboard crushed

Its the aul fellas, has it since 93, gutted

Posted by .

Taylor guitars repair centres claim they can repair anything, any make, got one near you at Moriarty Guitars Dublin 00353 (0) 879736850 might be worth the enquiry to give yourself a starting place, it’s logged as Gold for repairs but I think major stuff goes to Amsterdam. All the Best mory

Posted by .

As you are in the EU I have no hesitation in offering up Sheehan’s as a potential repairer. They started off as nothing, fixing everything to the tolerance of the width of a blue Rizla paper and never advertised. They’ve built a business turning over god knows what from that beginning fixing leading orchestral instruments and all sorts in between. Must be worth a call?

http://www.sheehans.com/about-us.php#A Brief History Of Sheehans

It can probably be repaired, even if missing a few pieces. If the current top can’t be repaired, it can be re-topped. However, given the low value of the guitar, you’ll have to get a quote and see if it’s worthwhile to do so. It can make economic sense on a high-end or vintage guitar, or for a style conversion.

Thanks a million lads, really appreciate it. The value is really sentimental, rared us on it from busking. Hope to god he can get it fixed. He is devistated. Going to check out all your recommendations. Have to say, love this site, everyone always so helpful. Thanks again!! Anyone any ideas on cost?

Posted by .

Price is going to depend on whether it needs a new top (your description suggests it will).

Have a look inside - if the X brace is broken the top will have to come off. If the bracing is intact (even if it has come unstuck from the soundboard), then it can probably be repaired without replacing the top.

If it is repairable it is likely to cost £200 - 300.
If it needs a new top it will be at least £600 - making and fitting a soundboard is more than half the work in making a whole guitar. If you want to email me some pics I’d be able to give you a better idea of what’s involved - email address is on my website - gallowaystrings.co.uk