emily’s beholden eye……

emily’s beholden eye……

this computer loft is a bit quiet, so I go for a cruise, researching old threads. looking for new angles on sessioners’ personality’s.

Tonight i carefully read emily_az post from last week, and the responses from Andee, Cath, Zina and others. Obviously, Emily, you are much loved.

How to reduce this Submission to a question? What do I wanna say? Is this in itself sufficient question? aND is it political?

How do you feel when you review your own cut-in-stone (permenant) responses?
do you wish you could Erase them?

Are they a record of the moment? Do you get my drift? …..

..and,pleasa, (to pre-guess yuor responses as to whut I’m "smokin’") bleeve me i inhale, mostly, gallons of salt air…..

Re: emily’s beholden eye……

I was pondering your questions? and the unfairness of being stuck here with my nose in a computer doing school stuff all long weekend while those with ‘drive’, or is it overdrive, are up the Stuart Highway a long ways enjoying the not so local local folk festival.
While pondering, my mango chicken stew boiled dry.
Do I want to erase this - no! but Jeremy might.
It’s too late for regrets once the post button is pushed, so I just accept my own humanity.
(And now the cream has frozen on the berries for desert).
Cheers

Yo, Boyd ma man.
"the moving finger writes…" an all that, just the way it is brother, aint no way to rewind and erase.
The folks in this hood aint all pretty, some o them trippin most the time, ya know what I mean. You try an shine some light man an they makes out it you trippin, but that just the way it is too, you just gotta keep strong an free, and pay it no nevermind.

Catch ya later
PP

Hmmm, not as bad as I thought when I read the title, thank god, I didn’t know what to expect, & thanks for the email tip-off kind sir, or I wouldn’t have seen this for a good while longer. Essentially this thread could be re-titled, ‘Do you wish you could edit your postings" am I right? Or something about existence, nihilism & deconstructionism on internet communities?

Basically vboyd, this is one major reason I prefer thesession.org over Chiff & Fipple or other boards where you can edit after posting. I have 2 bachelor degrees & when I think about the stress of turning in papers, it shocks me to think I ever completed a class b/c I’m the obsessive perfectionistic type writer who reads & re-reads & re-reads compulsively. As editor of the college newspaper, I always pushed right up to minutes before the deadline, checking & re-checking until it was as close to perfect as possible. Was always the last person in the classroom working on an essay exam, that type thing, extreme use of marginalia. If I had the ability to do that on this site, well, let’s just say when I click ‘post’ I don’t want to have to think about it anymore. But hey, I have weird boundary issues. & come to think of it, sure, maybe someday I will regret posting what I just did. Carpe diem, throw caution to the wind, devil may care, etc!

Oh crap, I’m just gonna say this while we’re on the topic, b/c I know I"m not the only one — vboyd, thank you for all your kind thoughts, but as a recovering newspaper editor, I need to tell you that I find your postings on here often very difficult to muddle through. They’re often poetic & contain super-cool ideas, but the spelling, punctuation etc make it (for me anyway) very difficult to read. I’m sorry, I just wanted you to know! It’s like a Seinfeld episode or something. I’m very sure you are very articulate in real life & probably in many languages, but on here, it often comes across as incoherent, hence all the drug references LOL

I hope I don’t regret posting that either, b/c I am certainly not one to talk about rambling meaningless posts, as I’ve just contributed another to my growing list of now over a thousand or something absurd.

Cheers, vboyd, looking forward to the turn this thread might take.

Emily

Pied stole my thunder, & my recorder! Back to lurking! :)

PS but vboyd, aren’t you a chick?

I think vboyd is Veronica. Not of the "Archies"…

Posted by .

Emily, you’re the most useless lurker I’ve ever known!

Are y’all familiar with the Sandman books by Neil Gaiman? I’m reminded very much of Dream’s youngest sister, who used to be called Delight until she started talking from back to front, and upside down, and in pretty colours, and took to chasing butterflies on the breeze…

Posted by .

vboyd’s "difficult-to-muddle-through-" post is appropriate, given the fact that Bloomsday is in two days…. With "recovering newspaper editor" I’ll add my own infirmity of "recovering Joyce scholar" to the encounter group.
And yes, DariNg to look like a sap and apologize publicly, I wish I could take back just one post that I made.